where fashion is only the beginning
At Something Blue, we take extra effort to make sure that your wedding dress shopping experience is everything you dreamed that it could be. The moment you walk into Something Blue, you will feel that it is something special. Having worked at several salons in the past, we have taken the best of all of them and put it together to give you an experience that is centered around you. We know that 21st century brides are incredibly busy—and we have designed our salon to not only pamper you and your bridal party, but to streamline the process so that your wedding wardrobe becomes the least of your worries after you make the all-important decision on THE DRESS. Here is just a taste of what the Something Blue experience is all about:
- Audrey Hepburn once said, “Happy girls are the prettiest girls.” We want you to be as beautiful a bride as you can be. In order to do that, we strive to make your shopping experience the happiest time you have had (except, of course, for the all-important proposal!)
- We know that you have no desire to dig through dresses that are squashed together in a way that only a sardine should be treated. Our dresses are special, and we treat them as if their “big day” is today. And it is—who knows, maybe YOU will be the bride who selects that gown to fulfill her bridal dreams! We keep our gowns in clear bags to protect them from becoming shopworn so that you can appreciate every beautiful detail when you try them on.
- And speaking of dresses, we totally understand that your wedding dress needs to be perfectly you. That is why we hand pick each frock that comes into our boutique. You can bet that only the most stylish, and dare we say it – stunning – dresses make it to our racks. We spend hours going over designers’ collections before deciding that a gown has the Something Blue look that will make our brides truly special.
- We pamper you from beginning to end. Starting with our roomy private fitting rooms, which provide a comfy spot for you to try on your gown before stepping out and allowing your family and friends to see you in all your glory while your group relaxes and takes in one pretty dress after the other.
- Dress Consultant? Salesperson? Not at Something Blue. Our Stylists will assist you from beginning to end. Once you have chosen your dream gown, we will assist you through the process, making your bridal wardrobe and accessory choices work together to complete your look. At Something Blue we will also outfit your wedding party—making sure that everything works together to finish off your wedding dreams. We love fashion—and we love to help you create a perfect wedding day look that is uniquely yours.
Come in and see for yourself just how different shopping at Something BLUE can be.
Now that we have introduced you to our salon, it’s time to introduce you to the people who make it all work.
Just who will you be shopping with when you visit Something Blue?
Sandie Walther, Owner, Something BLUE
Sandie has been dreaming of owning a bridal salon for many years. While attending college at the University of Tennessee, she worked at a delightful family-owned bridal salon called Wedding Wonderland. After many years of teaching high school, she decided to return to the wedding world. She worked at Louise Blum Bridal Salon in Houston, Texas before becoming assistant manager of Priscilla of Boston in Houston. The knowledge she gained at both of these couture salons fueled her dream of owning her own bridal boutique. She loves working with her brides and seeing their wedding fantasies come true. “My favorite part of the bridal experience–seeing my bride’s face light up when they just know that the dress is THE dress!” What does Sandie love other than weddings? Her family—especially her adorable granddaughter, Finley, traveling, peacocks and anything chocolate.
Rebekah Krsak, Fashion Director, Something BLUE
Though Rebekah is Sandie’s daughter, she comes to Something Blue with bridal experience as well. A graduate of Baylor University with a degree in Art History, her creativity and artistic knowledge complement her natural attention to detail. She worked at Louise Blum Bridal Salon in Houston before spending a few years teaching middle school.
After the birth of her daughter, her family moved to Lake Jackson. A better person to help you find your prom or wedding dress can’t be found. Her training in the arts helps her understand what flatters each unique figure and her sense of color and style are essential in building a complete look for her girls.
More about Rebekah? Nothing is more important than her family…her kids, Finley and Hudson, and husband Thomas are at the top of that list. She also loves traveling, sushi, a great glass of wine (or two) and people that can appreciate her wicked sense of sarcasm.
Alyssa, Bridal Stylist, Something BLUE
Alyssa joined the Something Blue team as a bridal stylist in 2018. Her sweet spirit and kindness make her an asset in an environment that is exciting but sometimes also stressful!
The best part of the job, according to Alyssa, is the connections she makes with her brides. She loves spending time with them during their appointments, getting to know them and their tastes so she can help them find the absolute perfect dress! Her favorite formal wear memory was wearing her senior prom dress, as it made her feel like the most gorgeous girl ever.
More about Alyssa? She comes from a huge family and has five brothers and sisters. She enjoys spending time with her boyfriend Mason, shopping and fishing.
Danielle, Bridal Stylist, Something BLUE
Danielle started working at Something Blue in August 2019.
Her ability to connect almost immediately with brides makes her a great asset to the team. Additionally, the difficult personal experience of losing her mom has given her a unique understanding and sense of empathy. She is beautifully and uniquely suited to working with brides struggling with the bittersweet experience of not having their mothers with them during such a big life moment.
Danielle says she naturally loves to help people and make others happy, so the chance to work with brides on one of their most special days is extra fulfilling! Her favorite memory in formalwear was the beaded, pale yellow gown she wore to prom, as the color complimented her so well and the dress fit like a glove!
Originally from New Jersey, Danielle moved to Texas during the summer of 2019 from North Carolina. Her first loves are her two daughters, her fiancé Jake, his two kiddos and their entire farm of animals, which currently includes a horse, ducks, rabbits, chickens, cats and a dog. She also loves kickball, doughnuts, candles and cleaning!
Connie, Bridal Stylist, Something BLUE
Connie joined the Something Blue team in July 2019. Her previous sales background and wonderfully weird dance moves help her bring both a knowledgeable and unique perspective to our staff.
She says her favorite thing about helping a bride find the dress of her wedding day dreams is being part of such an unforgettable moment in a bride’s life. She knows brides will always remember how they felt when they said “YES!” to the dress and she loves being a part of making that moment happen.
More about Connie? She loves makeup and used to be a cosmetics consultant. Her favorite author is Laurie Halse Anderson and favorite movie is The Princess Bride (inconceivable!). Connie enjoys spending time with her boyfriend Chase and her family.
Regan, Prom Stylist, Something BLUE
Regan started working at Something Blue in January 2019. While she may be the youngest member of our team, Regan has a sweet servant’s heart and a great sense of humor.
Her favorite thing about working with brides (and high school girls too!)? She says she loves when they find the perfect dress, as their faces light up and it’s rewarding to see them feel so pretty and confident. Regan’s favorite formalwear memory was the dress she bought from Something Blue for prom during her sophomore year…it was her first real dance and she felt beautiful!
Regan enjoys volunteering at her church and leading a weekday small group for 7th grade girls.